The following annual membership fee categories apply:
- For members with an annual operating budget of less than EUR 10 million, the annual fee is EUR 500.
- For members with an annual operating budget of greater than EUR 10 million, but less than EUR 100 million, the annual fee is EUR 1,000.
- For members with an annual operating budget greater than EUR 100 million, the annual fee is EUR 3,000.
- Members that are a subsidiary entity of a larger institution or organisation (e.g. independent institute, branch campus, faculty, department or unit), the fee calculation will be based on the annual operating budget of the subsidiary entity.
Prior to receiving a fee notice, each member is asked to update their UArctic membership profile, including the approximate value of their institutions’ / organizations’ annual operating budget. If a value has not been provided by a member representative, then it will either be obtained from information in the public domain (web-site, internet, or publication) or established to be in the lowest fee category (i.e. < EUR 10 million).
- New members are to pay their first membership fee in the year that they become a member of UArctic.
- Any member can request the granting of a full or partial fee waiver (i.e. payment reduction or full exemption) by submitting a formal request. All members are informed of this alternative in the fee notices.
- Both the payment of fees and requests for the waiving of fees are regarded as fulfilment of the annual membership fee obligation by members.
In settling the membership fee, the following payment options are available to members:
Invoice Request: Members are guided to our UArctic Fee Payment webpage where a member specific invoice can be requested. Included in each invoice will be full payment details for making a cross-border bank transfer*. Note: In doing so, please be sure to select the appropriate fee category that applies to your institution or organisation.
Credit Card: It is also possible to make payments using a Visa, Visa Electron, Visa Debit, EuroCard, American Express, and MasterCard credit cards. To do this members are guided to our UArctic Fee Payment webpage where the card payment option can be selected.
Payment by Cheque: Although payment can be made by personal or company cheque, this method is not recommended as it will involve considerable delays and surcharges. Still should this be the only possible method of payment, then in addition to the membership fee an additional surcharge of €11.00 Euros must be added to the total.
Russian UArctic Members: Now have the possibility to pay directly to a Russian bank account within Russia (SBERBANK / Сбербанк). The account holder is the Northern Arctic Federal University (NArFU), host institution of UArctic's Research Liaison Office Russia. Full bank transfer details can be downloaded here. For assistance with payments contact the UArctic Research Liaison Office Russia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Waiver Request: Also, if for whatever reason member institutions or organisations are unable to pay the annual membership fee, then a formal written request for the full or partial waiving (i.e. payment reduction or full exemption) of the annual fee will need to be sent to the UArctic International Secretariat. A copy of a waiver request template document can be downloaded here.
* See information below should additional details for making an international / cross-border bank transfers are needed:
Account holder information: University of Lapland, Yliopistonkatu 8, FI-96101 Rovaniemi, Finland.
Bank address: Pohjolan Osuuspankki, Teollisuuskatu 1 B, FI-00510 Helsinki, Finland.
Account reference: IBAN FI90 5640 0220 2453 23; CHIPS-UID: 010486; SWIFT code: OKOYFIHH
For transfer payments made in US Dollars, please instruct your bank to forward payment orders through:
JP Morgan Chase Bank NA
New York, USA
BIC code: CHASUS33
For assistance with payments or waiver requests, contact email@example.com