During this Voting period (April 28 to May 9) one representative from each UArctic member institution or organization had the opportunity to vote online on all agenda action items. Voting closed on May 9th at 23:59 GMT / UTC (Iceland time).
On April 28th, each member representative* on the Assembly were sent an e-mail message with instructions and a link to the on-line voting form.
- All UArctic members institutions and organizations have equal rights of representation on the Assembly, with each member having one Primary Assembly representative and one Alternate Assembly representative. However only one vote per member is allowed.
- For each agenda “Action item”, a proposal is prepared presenting background information; corresponding UArctic rules and regulations; rationales for action; and links to reference documents and other materials. In addition, each proposal presents a clear request and a draft of the action(s) members are requested to vote on.
- Before voting, the voting member representative is encouraged to read through all proposals in the agenda, and view the on-line presentations and videos linked to a number of the them (i.e. proposals on New Members and Thematic Networks).
- For each proposal, the voting member representative is asked to vote on one of three possible positions: to vote in Favour; to vote Against; or to Abstain from voting on a proposal.
- Each vote cast is for the entire action item proposal presented, even if individual actions (a, b, c) are listed within a proposal. Note: the proposal question in the online voting form has been shortened to fit within a limited number of characters, therefore to see the full text please refer to the corresponding proposal document.
- On May 14th during the Assembly Meeting, the Officers of the Assembly will present each agenda item, announce the voting results, and confirm the final decisions. The entire Assembly meeting will be recorded, and made available on these Assembly meeting webpages for members to view at a later date/time.
ONLINE VOTING FORM:
- The 2021 Assembly Meeting is held via the virtual online events platform "Bizzabo", which is managed by Iceland Travel. Note: in order to cast votes, the voting member representative must be registered as a meeting participant.
- To register go to Home | UArctic Assembly (bizzabo.com). Participation is free of charge!
- Note that when accessing the voting form, you will be entering the Assembly Meeting event pages. If you select any of the top-menu options (home, program, agenda, etc), then the only way back to the voting form is to use the "Back navigation button".
- In order to submit and record your votes, you must cast a vote on all action items presented in the form. After all votes have been cast, then press “Submit”. Afterwards you will receive an Assembly Voting confirmation message on your screen.
On a final note, we encourage all member representatives to Register to participate in the May 14th on-line Assembly Meeting, and to ensure that “only” one-member representative from your institution will cast a vote on the agenda action items. To find out who the Assembly representatives are for your institution, please follow the instructions below.
Thank you for your time and engagement in this voting process.
Should you have any questions or issues with the voting platform, please contact us at the UArctic International Secretariat / Secretariat@uarctic.org
* All Assembly member representatives are contacted directly (by e-mail) during key stages of the meeting preparation process. To see who the representatives are for a given member institution, go to our Member Profile page and select the country and the member in question. The member representatives are listed under Contract information (on the right). To change your institution's contact person and/or contact information, please send us an e-mail with detail to Secretariat@uarctic.org