Flying into Pearson
Attendees who fly into Toronto Pearson International Airport have several options to get from the Airport to Trent University.
- There are several shuttle options that will drive attendees from Pearson Airport to their choice of accommodation in Peterborough. Trent recommends the Century Transportation Airport Shuttle Service; however, other shuttle services do exist.
- Attendees who have chosen to rent a car can get to Peterborough from the Pearson airport by leaving the airport onto Highway-427, take Highway 401 East until the ON-115 exit. Continue on ON-115 until reaching Peterborough. Peterborough is approximately 148 km (2 hours) away from Pearson International Airport.
- As an additional note, attendees can take Highway 407 instead of Highway 401, however, this is a toll highway, and attendees may face additional charges from their rental companies.
- Attendees are also have two different bus options to get to Peterborough: the Greyhound Bus line, or the Go line.
- The Greyhound bus line has a limited number of buses that leave from Pearson international airport, but attendees can catch a bus directly from the airport to the Peterborough Greyhound terminal, located a few blocks from the Holiday Inn Peterborough. Greyhound buses can also be boarded at Union Station, Downtown Toronto on a more frequent basis.
- For the Go line, you will first need to catch the “Union Pearson Express” from Pearson airport to Union station. From there, you can take the Lakeshore East train line until Oshawa, Ontario. Once in Oshawa, you can board the Go bus to Peterborough. The Go line has two stops in Peterborough: one at the Peterborough Bus Terminal, located a few blocks from the Holiday Inn Peterborough, and the second at Trent University.
Flying into Ottawa International Import
Attendees who fly into Ottawa have limited options on how to get to Peterborough.
- Attendees who rent a car can get to Peterborough by travelling along Highway 417 until Highway 7. You can continue along Highway 7 until you Reach Peterborough Ontario. Peterborough is approximately 273km (three and a half hours) away from Ottawa.
- A Greyhound bus can be caught from Central Station, Ottawa, to the Peterborough bus terminal, located several blocks away from the Holiday Inn Peterborough.
- When deciding on their preferred method of transportation, attendees should be aware that Trent University has arranged transportation to and from the University Campus to Holiday Inn Peterborough for each day of the conference, as well as transportation from Campus and the Holiday Inn to the Gala dinner location.
- Attendees renting a car should be aware that due to the limited amount of parking at the Holiday Inn Peterborough, attendees who rent a car should also be aware that they will be required to pay for parking.