More information on the SACNAS National Conference, including registration and a preliminary agenda, is available at http://www.sacnas.org/confNew/confClient/.
The travel grant competition is open to arctic researchers and graduate students at U.S. universities and institutions who work in a field related to arctic science or arctic science education. Grants could include airfare, lodging, registration and/or per diem. Sources of additional or in-kind support can be listed on the application.
Successful applicants will be expected to:
* Conduct at least 2 hours of networking and outreach at the ARCUS booth in the conference exhibit hall (Friday 12-6 pm, Saturday 9 am-12pm)
* Attend the IPY Forum (Thursday, 9 October 8:00 am-12:00 pm)
* Attend the IPY Reception (Date and Time TBD)
* Attend IPY "Conversations with Scientists" (Thursday, 9 October 7:00 pm-8:15 pm)
* Participate in the conference evaluation (ongoing)
* Volunteer to judge undergraduate/graduate student oral or poster presentations
* Volunteer for the SACNAS National Conference Mentor Program Details at:
Priority will be given to researchers with an interest in or experience mentoring underrepresented students or working at minority serving institutions. Special consideration may be given to researchers seeking potential graduate students, participating in mentoring or making presentations. Successful candidates will clearly express specific contributions they can make to the conference, and how this experience will benefit their lab, students, and institution.
To apply, download and email the completed application and a current CV, no later than Friday, 11 July 2008 to:
The application form can be found at:
Notification of awards will be made by Thursday, 31 July 2008.
For further information, please contact: