Tyumen is the first Siberian city (1586), multinational and dynamic, a city with old traditions and young people. Join our unique project for students and staff, interested in studying the Russian language and learning about the country. The course is designed to allow acquisition or fast improvement of the language skills, while being immersed into the authentic Russian culture.
The participants will have an opportunity to be involved in a variety of interactive educational projects to experience the Russian cultural diversity and to get an idea of the economy, geography and history of Western Siberia.
- 80 academic hours of class-room learning
- 50 academic hours of project work (Language and Country Studies)
- 5 ECTS points awarded for completion of the course
- Russian Language courses for foreigners (60 hours)
- Courses on the Russian and Siberian History, Economics, Geography and Culture (20 hours)
Language and Country Studies:
- Acquaintance with the city of Tyumen and its inhabitants
- Visits to the local museums and churches
- Bus excursions to the countryside, visiting places of local cultural heritage
- Excursion to the town of Tobolsk (the ‘pearl’ of Siberia), a visit to the unique Kremlin, historical Old Town and local museums
- Cinema club (film-watching in the Russian language + discussion)
- Discussion of the new cultural and language experience
- Preparation of group projects and presentations
The participants are provided with double rooms in a student hostel. Accommodation in a single room in a student hostel can be provided on participant’s request (at additional cost). Internet access is available.
The classes take place in the morning, between 9.30 and 12.45
Excursions and project work are planned for the afternoons and weekends. Cost of the program (incl. tuition fee, cultural program and excursions, accommodation): 815 euro
The deadline for applications: the 1st of April, 2011.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Regional Institute for International Cooperation at Tyumen State University
10, Semakova Str.,
625003, Tyumen, RF
Tel.: 007 (3452) – 455704 / 455703
Fax: 007 (3452) – 455703 / 46-27-84
Russian Language & Culture Summer School, Tyumen, 03 -30 July, 2011
Tue, Feb 22, 2011
The Regional Institute for International Cooperation at the Tyumen State University is organizing a Russian Language and Culture Summer School 2011 that will take place in Tyumen, Western Siberia, Russia.