Themes of the scientific sessions:
• Analysis of the best practices of youth cooperation in the sphere of the Arctic research and innovative development: cases, projects and programs.
• Models of the partnerships between international, national and regional youth organizations and indigenous (local) inhabitants of the circumpolar region.
• Strategies and mechanisms of realization of the national interests in the Arctic through organization and realization of youth projects and programs.
• Means of integration of the circumpolar youth in the processes of international academic mobility and networks of research cooperation.
• Cooperation of informational structures (networks) in the process of promotion of youth projects in the sphere of the Arctic region research and development.
The cases, presented at the conference should address at least one of the three cross-cutting problems, concerning mechanisms of assistance to the youth organizations, working in the sphere of research and innovation in the Arctic region:
- National and international fundraising possibilities and capacities for projects development.
- Assistance in the process of projects’ planning, organization and evaluation.
- Articulating the possibilities of international and national partnerships.
The conference will be composed of a series of the events:
1. Expert presentations:
3-4 invited experts will present the key models, dimensions and means of the evaluation of the best practices in the international research and innovation cooperation of Russia and EU in the Arctic region.
2. Discussion sessions.
Series of discussion sessions addressing the most critical themes and the concerns in the development of the Road map of the Arctic youth cooperation. Each session will host the experts – the specialists in the cross-cutting conference themes. The main goal of the sessions is the reflection of the research and practice positions and building the professional community of the Arctic young specialists.
3. Poster session
Students and young practitioners are encouraged to present a poster referring to one of the sessions and addressing cross-cutting themes.
Please send to the conference address:
1. Application form.
2. Motivation letter, reflecting your knowledge of the conference themes and your position on the cross-cutting problems. Include the experience that you have in practical realization of the research and innovation projects in the Arctic region (in English, min. 500 words).
3. CV (in English)
Successful applicants will be granted a scholarship covering the accommodation in Arkhangelsk and travel expenses. You will be also invited to contribute to the collection of articles published after the conference.
Deadline for applications and motivation letters – October 14, 2013, 2 p.m. (Moscow time)
List of participants will be announced on October 18, 2013
Please, send your registration forms, CV and motivation letters to: email@example.com (Maria Nesterenko).
Youth Cooperation of Russia and EU: Research and Innovation in the Arctic Region November 18-22, 2013
Fri, Sep 27, 2013
Northern Arctic Federal University would like to invite young researchers and practitioners (up to 35 years old) interested in presenting the cases of youth cooperation in the field of scientific research in the Arctic region. Conference is aimed to create a road map for international youth cooperation in the Arctic Region.