The theme of this year’s conference will be "Strengthening Sustainable Communities". Speakers will address various aspects of the implementation of the EU Integrated Arctic Policy and the drivers of Sustainability for the Arctic from a range of factors including infrastructure development, climate change, education, research and competence building, universal access to broadband, renewable energy roll-out, and financial instruments facilitating inward investment and driving economic growth and prosperity.
The Arctic Council, which this year celebrates its 20th anniversary, will be represented by a number of Senior Arctic Officials who will provide the regional perspective on the EU Arctic Policy, giving valuable feedback to EU policy makers who have expressed their intention to consult widely with Arctic stakeholders.
As usual, the Arctic Futures Symposium promises to deliver lively debate on many topical issues.
Registration for the Symposium will open on the 31st of October on the Arctic Futures website.
In the meantime early registration is possible, by sending your name and contact details* to email@example.com
* Title,first name, last name, name of organisation, position in organisation, address, city, country, email, telephone number
AFS 2016 Steering Committee:
- The International Polar Foundation, Brussels, Belgium
- The Institute of the North, Anchorage, Alaska, USA
- The Mission of Norway to the European Union
- Greenland Representation to the European Union
- The Mission of Canada to the European Union
- The Mission of the Faroe Islands to the European Union
- The Mission of the United States of America to the European Union
- The Mission of Iceland to the European Union
- The network for Northern Sparsely Populated Areas (NSPA)
- North Norway European Office
- North Sweden European Office
- East and North Finland EU Office
- North Denmark EU Office
- Arctic Consensus