The first ever UArctic Congress is hosted by Saint Petersburg State University from Monday, September 12 through to Friday, September 16 in St. Petersburg, Russia.
The UArctic Congress 2016 will feature Science and Meeting sections, including:
- Acclaimed keynote speakers and scientific experts presenting their latest research.
- Parallel sessions on an array of Arctic science, policy, and education topics.
- Formal meetings for representatives of the Board and Council of UArctic and UArctic Rectors’ Forum.
- Pre-Meetings to foster contacts and enhance networking.
- Opportunities for promoting and marketing your organization and activities.
- A UArctic Student Forum with workshops.
- A Cultural and Social program like no other.
Extended call for abstracts
- Vulnerability of Arctic Environments
- Vulnerability of Arctic Societies
- Local and Traditional Knowledge
- Building Long-Term Human Capacity
- New Markets for the Arctic, Including Trade, Tourism and Transportation
During this extended submission period, abstracts are welcomed especially to theme 5. New Markets for the Arctic, Including Trade, Tourism and Transportation. However, all other sessions are also open for submissions.
Please note that the call for abstracts is open for all researchers also from outside the UArctic network.
Announcement of accepted abstracts: at the latest 16 May 2016
For more information on the UArctic Congress and practicalities, please visit www.uarctic.org/congress2016.
We look forward to seeing you in St. Petersburg in September!