In acknowledgement of their work and dedication in making the first ever UArctic Congress a success, we recognized with custom designed UArctic pins featuring the dryas octeptela of our logo:
- Julia Ilinikh (local organizing committee, St Petersburg University)
- Alexey Zavarzin (local organizing committee, St Petersburg University)
- Kirsi Latola (science program committee, UArctic)
- Pierre-Andre Forest (international planning committee, UArctic)
In addition, UArctic recognized two individuals for their long-standing cooperation and support of with the UArctic gold pin, a silver flower with gold panned from the Lemmenjoki river:
- Sergey Aplonov (St Petersburg University)
- Tove Søvndahl Gant
Finally, UArctic recognizes its outgoing Vice-President Kari Laine (University of Oulu) for his years of dedicated work for UArctic with a certificate of recognition.
These special UArctic pieces of jewellery were designed and produced by Tytti Bräysy, Designer and Owner of Paarma Design, who herself was a UArctic north2north student. Hear her story.