The course will expand, deepen and integrate knowledge of tourism and tourism development in the north through the planning and implementation of a project in a Circumpolar north destination.
At the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Identify stakeholders and networks engaged in tourism development in a Circumpolar north
- Identify research themes relevant to the field school
- Collect data required to fulfil the requirements of the field school
- Design and conduct a small-scale tourism development research
- Conduct information and data collecting relevant to the topics of the course and the field school destination.
- Assess the tourist experience potential in terms of both the natural and cultural resources and amenities of the case study location
- Critically reflect on research ethics in the
The program of the field course consists workshops conducted in multidisciplinary groups.
The preliminary schedule and more information can be found in the attached pdf.
The contact person if you have further questions about the course is Outi Rantala at ULapland firstname.lastname@example.org.