The webinar aims to introduce the new EU Arctic Policy to the European Polar science community, to discuss the role of Research & Innovation in the new strategy and to see how R&I projects can contribute to the Policy objectives. It will reflect on the contribution of EU Polar Cluster projects to better understanding of changes in the Arctic, as well as to societal benefits.
The webinar will feature the following speakers:
- Michael Mann, EU Special Envoy for the Arctic, EEAS
- Raphael Goulet, Head of Unit, European Commission (DG MARE)
- Szilvia Nemeth, Deputy Head of Unit, European Commission (DG RTD)
- Elaina Ford, EU Polar Cluster
- Hugues Lantuit, Nunataryuk
- Sigrun Jonasdottir, ECOTIP
- Corine Wood-Donnelly, JUSTNORTH
- Chairs: Nicole Biebow (EU-PolarNet 2) and Renuka Badhe.(EPB)
The webinar will be held at 10:00 CET on Wednesday 24th November 2021.