The summer school allows participants from the circumpolar Arctic to meet in Greenland and collaborate on team based case studies while exchanging knowledge and experience among each other as well as with a team of engaged experts and the local community. Thematic Network on Arctic WASH invites graduate level students, consultants and regulatory experts alike to participate.
Arctic WASH Online Course - content:
- A team of engaged expert supervisors
- Circumpolar perspective
- True engagement in the Arctic
- Insights into old and proven as well as new
- Time to discuss and exchange ideas
- A true and stunning Arctic setting
- Water, waste and wastewater in the Arctic
- Environmental impacts
- Current status and challenges
- Climate change aspects
- Health aspects
- Community based solutions
- Co-created solutions
- Technologies for tourism services
- Indigenous knowledge
- Compulsory pre-departure scientific preparations: lecture videos watching and literature readings assigned followed by a quiz (1 week workload).
- Compulsory pre-departure safety introduction: lecture videos watching and literature readings assigned followed by a quiz.
- Case studies teamwork and community engagement activities in Qeqqata Municipality in the period 26th og June to 3rd of July (1 week workload).
- Individual final assignment after fieldwork (1 week workload)
For more information, see here.