The five new Thematic Networks are:
- Thematic Network on Arctic Cultures and History, hosted by University of Faroe Islands, Faroe Islands
- Thematic Network on Blue Economy and the Arctic, hosted by Nord University, Norway
- Thematic Network on Collaborative Online International Learning and Biodiversity Education across the Arctic Circle (COIL@UArctic), hosted by Robert Gordon University, Scotland, UK
- Thematic Network on High Latitude Dust, hosted by Agricultural University of Iceland, Iceland
- Thematic Network on Microtomography of Arctic Marine Organisms, hosted by UiT Arctic University of Norway, Norway
Websites for each one of the new Thematic Networks are being prepared and will be launched in the coming weeks. Please follow the Thematic Networks website.
Once approved by the Assembly, the Thematic Networks are given provisional status for a period of one year. In the second year, if the new Thematic Network has shown that activities have been initiated, then their endorsement will become final.
The Assembly thus decided to grant final endorsement to four Thematic Networks:
- Thematic Network on Decolonization of Arctic Library and Archives Metadata (DALAM), hosted by Polar Libraries Colloquy, Canada
- Thematic Network on Digital North: Three-Dimensional Technologies and Arctic Education, hosted by UiT The Arctic University of Norway, Norway
- Thematic Network on Frozen Arctic Conservation, hosted by University of Lapland, Finland
- Thematic Network on Northern and Arctic Island Studies Research, hosted by University of the Highlands and Islands, Scotland