Applications received by the deadline will be reviewed by the UArctic Academic Leadership Team, and approved by UArctic’s Vice-President Academic. The process is expected to take no longer than 2 months.
- UArctic endorsement of academic activities is a prestigious additional sign of quality for its member institutions and is proof of adherence to the UArctic values.
- The UArctic Endorsement supplements and builds on, but shall not replace, formal academic quality assurance carried out at higher education institutions by institutional academic senates, national accreditation bodies, and similar entities.
- Highlighted on the UArctic website, study catalogue, news, and social media.
- A special UArctic endorsement logo that can be used by the program or course in their promotional materials.
- Noted as newly endorsed program or course at annual meetings of the UArctic Council.
- Granted right to issue UArctic certificates to students who complete the program/course.
To submit an application for UArctic Academic Endorsement, please follow these procedures:
1. Review UArctic's Academic Endorsement Principles
2. Collect information for the application
Before filling in the form, please try to collect as much of the needed information as possible about your institution/organization:
- Course/Program Title
- Link to UArctic Catalogue Reference for your course/program
- Short biography on key lecturers involved
- Contact person responsible for the course or program
3. Submit a letter of commitment
In addition to filling in the form, applicants must submit a letter of commitment from relevant dean or similar official stating how the program meets the host institution’s endorsement criteria. Written in free form, this letter needs to state the main interests for being endorsed the UArctic network, as well as indicate that the application for endorsement is supported by the institution’s or organization’s leadership. The letter of intent is to be sent to the UArctic Academic Programs Coordinator via PDF attachment.
4. Fill in the form here
5. Wait for confirmation
Once the application form and the letter of commitment have been received, confirmation email will be sent which includes further details on the next steps. If you have any questions or require assistance with the application process, please contact the UArctic Academic Programs Coordinator.