The theme is "New advances in multi-disciplinary seismology" and will include sessions on a broad cross-section of topics, including nuclear monitoring, seismic hazard, Earth imaging, glacial seismology, seismic instrumentation, induced seismicity, volcano seismology etc. We also have an exciting line-up of domestic and international invited speakers to help underscore the multi-disciplinary nature of seismology in the 21st century. Full details can be found at: https://wserv4.esc.cam.ac.uk/bsm/
including registration and abstract submission information. The cost of early bird registration is £195 for students and £240 for everyone else. From July 1 onwards, the cost of registration will increase to £290. The registration fee includes:
- Access to conference facilities (held in the Howard theatre at Downing College)
- Morning and afternoon tea during the conference
- Lunch on each day
- Conference dinner (held in the dining hall of Corpus Christi College)
- Conference booklet
An added bonus is that the BGA's PGRiP student conference will be held at Cambridge from 14th -16th September 2022, and will start as soon as BSM finishes, which makes it easy to attend both events.
- Now: Registration and Abstract submission open
- June 30th: Early bird registration closes (at midnight)
- July 12th: Abstract submission closes
- August 23rd: Registration closes
- September 12th: Conference begins
Note that the conference will be held in person, with no hybrid option. While we are confident that this will be possible in September, if COVID-19 restrictions are imposed (as dictated by the University of Cambridge and/or Downing College) that prevent us from holding the conference, the registration fee will be refunded.
(On behalf of the Organising Committee: Nick Rawlinson, Debby Wehner, Alex Brisbourne, Esme Southern, Tim Greenfield)