Carrying the signature of the President, UArctic support letters will be promptly issued by the UArctic International Secretariat after a quality review by the relevant UArctic activity area leader.
We will consider support letter requests for activities that are:
- For a UArctic-endorsed activity which is part of UArctic's core operations in education, mobility, research programs, or network administration;
- For a UArctic-related initiative or project involving an established Program, Thematic Network, and UArctic Institute; or
- For a UArctic-relevant activity originating from a UArctic member institution.
For us to adequately review a request and produce a support letter, each request proposal needs to include the following details:
- A summary of the call or funding initiative for which the letter of support is requested
- A short draft text for the support letter, to ensure we address areas that are important to the application
- The name, title and organization of the lead person, as well as the names, titles and organization of all application partners
- A brief description of the purpose of the project or initiative, how it is linked to UArctic, and how it reflects our goals and values
- If applicable, details on specific confidentiality requirements relating to information about the project and/or the application proposal
Requests should be submitted at least 14 days in advance of any deadline.
Request a support letter
Submit the required information through the Support Letter Request Form. The UArctic International Secretariat will be in touch if further information is required.
In receiving a letter of support from UArctic, applicants agree to provide the UArctic International Secretariat with:
- A copy of the final application or a summary within two weeks after it has been formally submitted
- Information on any decision made regarding the application in question, provided within two weeks of receipt