A UArctic Academic Endorsement supplements and builds on, but does not replace, formal academic quality assurance carried out at higher education institutions by institutional academic senates, national accreditation bodies, and similar entities.
- Highlighted on UArctic website, through the Study Catalogue, UArctic News, and on social media.
- Members may use the "UArctic Endorsed" logo for promotion of their endorsed status.
- Noted as newly endorsed program or course at annual meetings of the UArctic Council.
- Granted right to request UArctic certificates of completion.
Deadline to Apply
All endorsement applications are reviewed once a year by UArctic's Academic Leadership Team following the annual deadline of January 31. The Academic Leadership Team is committed to complete reviews, and inform the applicants of their final decision, no later than June 30.
How to Apply
1. Review UArctic's Academic Endorsement Principles, as well as UArctic's Mission and Values for further information on our requirements
2. Collect information for the application:
Before filling in the form, please try to collect as much of the needed information as possible about your institution/organization:
- Link to UArctic Catalogue Reference for your course/program
- Short biography on key lecturers involved
- Details or report on past student demographics, attendance, graduation rate.
- Syllabus of the course/program
- List of faculty/instructors/lecturers involved
3. Prepare a letter of commitment
In addition to filling in the form, applicants must submit a letter of commitment from relevant dean or similar official stating how the program meets the host institution’s endorsement criteria. Written in free form, this letter needs to state the main interests for being endorsed the UArctic network, as well as indicate that the application for endorsement is supported by the institution’s or organization’s leadership. There will be an opportunity to upload a PDF of the letter of intent when filling out the application form.
4. Fill out the UArctic Academic Endorsement Application Form
5. Wait for confirmation
Once the application form and the letter of commitment have been received, confirmation email will be sent from the Academic Office. Applications received by the January 31 deadline will be reviewed by the UArctic Academic Leadership Team over the spring, and you will be contacted by the Academic Programs Coordinator with an answer by the end of June.
If you have any questions or require assistance with the application process, please contact the UArctic Academic Programs Coordinator.